The MPIC held a meeting of the Human Resources Committee原产部召开人力资源委员会会议
Warning: Missing argument 2 for productBreadcrumbs(), called in /home/muarfurn/public_html/welcome/information.php on line 22 and defined in /home/muarfurn/public_html/welcome/Requires/dcart.php on line 548
Welcome > Product Range > The MPIC held a meeting of the Human Resources Committee原产部召开人力资源委员会会议
The MPIC held a meeting of the Human Resources Committee
Subjct: The MPIC held a meeting of the Human Resources Committee
Date: 22.12.2020 (Tuesday)
Location: Kementerian Perusahaaan Perladangan dan Komoditi (MPIC)
The purpose of this Special Committee ois to provide a platform for all industries to discuss and suggest solutions for all industries facing human resource shortages through this platform. This committee is chaired by Datuk Seri Wee Jeck Seng, Deputy Minister of the MPIC. Members include Malaysian Palm Oil Board (MPOB), Malaysian Rubber Board (LGM), Malaysian Timber Industry Board (MTIB), Malaysian Rubber Council (MRC), Malaysian Timber Council (MTC), Malaysian Palm Oil Association (MPOA), Malaysian Rubber Glove Manufacturers Association (MARGMA), Malaysian Furniture Federation (MFC) and Muar Furniture Trade Association (MFA).
Dato Seri stated that it is not encouraged that the issue of foreign workers’ dormitories has been enlarged to broad newspaper reports, which will cause harm to the relevant industries, especially during the extraordinary period of time when the epidemic has not been controlled. Related issues should be discussed internally.
1) In this meeting, En.Yushairi, an official of the Human Resources Department of Peninsular Malaysia (JTKSM), was invited to explain the foreign labor recalibration (Pelan Rekalibrasi PATI) implemented from November 16 to June 30, 2021. Manufacturers in need need to submit relevant foreign workers' information that needs to be recalibrate to the Malaysian Immigration Department (JIM) to apply for PATI certification (Verifikasi PATI), and then apply for foreign workers resettlement certificate (Perakuan) through the JTKSM online (ePPAX) system. Rekalibrasi). The fields allowed to apply are as follows: construction, manufacturing, plantation and agriculture. Details of the plan can be obtained at www.eppax.gov.my under its official website.
2) MFA has reported that after the announcement of this plan, some manufacturers in Johor, including Muar, have already faced the issue of escaping legal foreign workers (from legal to illegal, and later suspected of passing the above bleaching plan and bleaching as legal foreign workers), MFA urges the government to concerned about the above-mentioned escaping of foreign workers and has formulated strategies to prevent the occurrence of similar cases. MFA is urged to provide relevant data.
3) The MFA also reported to the Minister that Muar businesses are subject to the provisions of the local government, which stipulates that dormitories for foreign workers must be built on industrial land, which caused the original Muar manufacturers to face a serious shortage of industrial land. The minister will study and discuss solutions after discuss with relevant departments.
4) MFA reminds JTKSM once again that on November 10, the meeting of the Committee on Labor Laws and Policies for the Furniture Industry will be discussed with the MFA regarding foreign workers’ dormitories as soon as possible.
5) The MFA Secretariat has downloaded from the official website of JTKSM and translated it into a Chinese version, about Pelan Rekalibrasi Pendatang Asing Tanpa Izin (PATI) Foreign Workers Bleaching Program and Staff Dormitory Minimum Standard Guide (Akta Standard Minimum Perumahan, Penginapan dan Kemudahan Pekerja 1990) (Akta 446)) attached to the question and answer questions for members' reference.